Saturday, June 14, 2008

~Happy 50th Birthday Mom~



~Last Saturday we celebrated my Mom's Birthday w/ a Family Birthday Dinner. This family birthday dinner is a tradition my Grandma Price started. It is a very strong tradition that until you have celebrated w/ a family birthday dinner it just hasn't felt like your birthday yet. The whole family comes together & the birthday person gets to choose what they want cooked & what dessert made or bought. My personal request was to always have Grandma's Southern Fried Chicken w/ Fried Oakra & anything else that sounded good at the time :) Of course we always had to have extra Icing Roses on the birthday cake so that my sister or cousin & I wouldn't fight over who got a rose or not :) This year there was no fight over the Roses since Brandon is in the Military in Forth Bragg at this time & Erica is in Elburn,IL :( Hopefully by next month we will all be together again to celebrate yet another family birthday dinner. I love you mom, Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Hi Andrea,

Just wanted to wish your mother a Happy Belated Birthday. I have always thought of her as a beautiful lady. I've enjoyed reading the good reports of what God is doing in Vacaville. Please tell your husband hello for us, and keep up the good work.

Love,

Carol Connell & family
www.writeathome.wordpress.com

Andrea Whiseant said...

Sis. Connell, it is so good to hear from you. I will give Tim the message. We appreciate you & your family. God bless.
Love,
Andrea

Unknown said...

Tell your Mom "Happy Birthday" from the Domingues'.... We'll never forget when her Birthday is! It's great that she and Dean share June 10, 1958 as their birthday. I also wanted to say thank you to you and Tim for coming to Dean's surprise party... it was so nice to have his friends there. Love you both, Lori

Andrea Whiseant said...

Lori, it is amazing how they share the same birthday exactly. We had such a good time w/ you guys & seeing everyone again on saturday. The party was wonderful! We love you guys & appreciate you.
Love,
Andrea

Jennifer Connell said...

Happy belated birthday to your mom!! Family get togethers are always fun. =)

Jen Connell

iluv2prshim said...

Andrea, Please pass this on to Karla. Thanks! I like your blog too. :)

Karla, Happy Birthday! It's hard to believe we are now 50 years old. :) My birthday was in April. Oh my, to many memories huh? You are still beautiful. Love you! Ronda

Andrea Whiseant said...

Ronda~ Thank you for stopping by & checking out my blog. I have relayed your message to Mom & in return she says, "Thank you for the birthday wishes. As far as the long list of memories, as busy as our lives are, we will have accumulated quite a stock pile by the time our rocking chair days get here:) Happy Belated Birthday to you as well. Hope you are still enjoying the California Sunshine. Love Karla~