Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference

Living one day at time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
That I maybe reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.
Amen.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him & He will direct your paths."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Just a word of encouragement! It doesn't mean your going through something bad to be encouraged by this prayer or scripture. This prayer to me gives direction on taking one day at time & wisdom to handle hardships. The scripture is a promise from God if you surrender to Him. Life is beautiful when serving God!

1 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

I love the serenity prayer - it speaks of all the right things. And AMEN to "Life is beautiful when serving God!"