Monday, October 20, 2008

~Remembering Grandma~


~This month has been 5 years since my Grandma, Alyce Lorraine Price, passed away. I woke up this morning feeling so very heavy in my heart thinking of all that has been happening as of recently in my life & yet I cannot share this joy w/ her. These are things in my life I know she would be so proud of.
Grandma had such a way of seeing the potential you held w/in & knowing how to draw it out. She called me Andi & though I am not very fond of that nickname, when it came from her it was so endearing.
I know she is in such a better place but just for today I would love to be selfish & have her w/ me, to have that special little nudge that only she could give to say you can do anything! Grandma was loved by many & she loved them back w/ her whole heart.
I loved for her to tell stories! A very special memory is every year she was the one who would read the Story of Jesus' Birth at Christmas & was followed by Grandpa sharing words of Wisdom.
Grandma made the best Fried Chicken & Fried Okra...she was just an awesome cook! You couldn't sit at her table unless you at least tried a bite of everything on the table. Tim learned that real quick when he refused to try a stuffed bell pepper & she literally followed him from the kitchen, down the hall & into his room w/ a piece of stuff bell pepper on a fork until he gave in & took a bite!:) That's all she would ask for, just a bite & it was that "bite" that would usually get you hooked!:)
There are so many special memories I could share. We all have days like this of remembering loved ones, but it gives you a feeling of comfort when just sharing these memories when your hurting. I love you dearly Grandma~

7 comments:

Carol Connell said...

Hi Andrea,

Your grandma was a very special lady, and I can certainly understand you missing her. Aren't you glad that we will have wonderful reunions to look forward to in Heaven? The greatest joy will be to see Jesus, but it will also be sweet to see loved ones that have gone on before us too.

Karen J. Hopper said...

Thank you for sharing beautiful memories of a beautiful Christian woman. Sis Price was special to so many of us, and such an example. To her, everyone was important, and she had a way of making you feel special. Your post has opened up memories, cherished memories of great warriors in God's Kingdom.

Tiffany Bracken: said...

Andrea, I can't believe how much you look like this picture of your grandma! I only had the privledge of meeting her once, but I have heard so many great stories from Chris' parents.

Jana Allard said...

What a sweet post. I could almost feel your tears. It is hard to lose someone so dear even though we know they are in a better place. It has been almost 10 years since my dad passed and I understand wishing you could bring them back for a day. I wish my dad could have met my little girl. Oh, he would have loved her! Andrea, your grandmother was a great lady and I have many fond memories of her, too. I especially liked her sense of humor. Someday we will all meet again. Won't that be a great day?!?!

Jennifer Connell said...

That was a really nice post about your Grandma. It's so good to know we have a hope of seeing our saved loved ones in heaven someday! Thanks for sharing your memories, love you!

~Jen

Anonymous said...

Sis. Whiseant....I just read your beautiful post of your grandmother Sis. Price, and it brought tears to my eyes. I certainly know what it's like to lose someone so close and very special, I lost my mother in 1991 and my heart still has that certain ache, even though we know they're in a much better place. Thanks for sharing your memories, they brought up some of my own. Sis Tina (sanger, ca)

Kathryn said...

It's tough not being able to share these milestones in our lives with people who mean so much to us. You are so blessed that she was able to be at your wedding. :) Of course we know we will see our loved ones again, but alas, that does not take away our missing them. You have so many wonderful memories to hold close to your heart. :)